The baby tiger snake that was found in Ivan Mcnamara’s boot. Photo: Ivan Mcnamara The tiger snake was released back into the wild. Photo: Ivan Mcnamara
After Perth’s seemingly never-ending cold weather, the temperatures are finally beginning to heat up – and unfortunately, Perth’s slippery friends are making their way out of their winter hideaways.
Oldbury man Ivan Mcnamara said he had noticed snakes in his suburb were beginning to become more active. But he didn’t expect to find one sitting comfortably in his living room.
Mr Mcnamara was playing Playstation on Tuesday evening when he noticed his four-month-old rescue kitten fixated on a corner of his bedroom.
“I was pretty intent on my game, so I didn’t pay it much attention,” he said.
Mr Mcnamara said he then heard his partner pull up in their driveway, and went to go greet her.
“I went to put on my shoes, and I noticed the cat was staring at it very, very intently – something didn’t look right about the situation.
“I was trying to see what he could see… then I realised it was a snake.
“It had its body inside the shoe, and its head was in a strike position. Obviously because the cat was clawing and lunging at it,” he said.
The snake appeared to be an infant tiger, and Mr Mcnamara said he didn’t have time to consider its removal.
“The snake bolted out of the shoe, and was making to hide behind a cabinet in the room.
“I couldn’t risk losing it,” he said.
Mr Mcnamara said he pinned the snake down using another shoe, and called for his girlfriend.
The pair scooped the baby into a plastic container, and later released it.
“This is actually the second time I’ve caught a snake in the house. It was my fault, I left the front door open.
“One day I was driving home from a delivery and my girlfriend called me in hysterics.
“We’ve got this leopard print blanket, and she went to pick it up and something moved on it- and she realised it was a snake.
“It was actually pretty big, and it went and hid behind our television cabinet.
“I came home and got a big glove and picked it up… it turned out to be a brown snake, which are really, really poisonous.”
Mr Mcnamara said his front door was now firmly shut.
This story Administrator ready to work first appeared on 苏州美甲美睫培训学校.